Do you ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of a photoshoot here at MATT & NAT? I’ve got to tell you, it’s one of my favorite parts of the job. Working with our photographer April, whose open mind and critical eye allows us to get the shot we want every time by not letting an “it could pass” fly by the radar. A whole lot of retakes happen too! We will retake a single shot up to 10 times. We may be perfectionists but we enjoy it. A little manipulating & challenging goes a long way to get the right angle and lighting. Here’s a breakdown of a few key items at our last photoshoot.
1. Dina and I took a trip to Rona to see our favorite florist (we’ve become regulars now) to get plants for our shoot. We always wonder what the employees at Rona think of us quirky gals who walk in seasonally and wipe their store out with the rarest / bizarre looking plants. One of my favorites that we bought this time was our little banana plant! Here is our shopping cart!
2. Music, music music! We need to have some nice beats blaring to get our creative juices going, especially at 9 a.m!
3. A blow-dryer. Why you ask? It’s our little secret to get all the kinks and wrinkles out of our bags like a charm! Who would have thought?!
4. We have our occasional saw for when we need a few extra branches on set, we are lucky to be located in an office with trees all around it : )
5. Tea, coffee & snacks. Our favorite tea is Bengal spice at the moment, sooooo good!